Schedule a Workshop
Day One is accepting requests for workshops all year round.
During the month of October, Day One is holding a training series for Social Workers. This workshop is approved by the New York State Board for Social Workers for 3 contact hours. Sign up today!
Please contact us to discuss the specific needs of your group. To request a Community Education workshop or legal training, please complete the Workshop Request Form.
Day One's preventive education program uses role play and interactive elements to raise questions about power and control in relationships among youth.
Youth presentations cover:
- Dynamics of power and control
- Types of abuse
- Warning signs
- Helping a friend
- Obstacles to ending an abusive relationship
- Criminal and Family Court resources
- Orders of protection
Adult presentations cover:
- All youth presentation material
- Mandated reporting
- Strategies for communicating with youth
- Stereotypes and assumptions about survivors of dating abuse
Legal workshops (for youth and adults) cover:
- Where and how to get an Order of Protection
- The difference between Family Court and Criminal Court
- What rights youth have in court
- What an Order of Protection can include
- How to enforce an Order of Protection
- Other help youth can get from the court
We also offer workshops on related topics, including:
- Technological abuse
- Legal resources for survivors of abuse
- Sexual assault
- Relationship abuse in the LGBTQ community.
- Multi-session curricula that includes any and all of these topics.
To see a complete listing of our workshops, please see the Workshop Request Form.