Day One’s Relationship Abuse Prevention Program (RAPP) partners with high schools across New York City to provide critical teen dating violence prevention and intervention. Each school hosts a Day One RAPP Coordinator, a licensed master social worker, who provides:
- Trauma informed individual and group counseling.
- Classroom workshops to educate school population on relationship abuse.
- Professional development for teachers and school staff.
- Community outreach to youth, parents, and community members.
- Peer Leadership Summer Program- a seven-week, paid program that trains teens to be peer educators in their schools.
Participants in RAPP are referred by teachers, support staff, peers, or can self-refer. Day One is currently providing RAPP in seven high schools:
- Franklin K Lane Campus, Brooklyn
- Edward R Murrow High School, Brooklyn
- Academy for Conservation and the Environment, Brooklyn
- Health Opportunities High School, Bronx
- High School for Environmental Studies, Manhattan
- Essex Street Academy, Manhattan
- August Martin High School, Queens
For more information about RAPP, please contact our Social Work Supervisor, Rebecca Stahl at firstname.lastname@example.org.