Day One is NOT responding to chat messages at this time. To reach Day One anonymously, text 646.535.DAY1 (3291). You can also reach out to a Peer Advocate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by texting "loveis" to 77054 or going to www.loveisrespect.org.
Not sure what to ask? No question about relationships is too embarrassing! Some questions that we get a lot are:
- I think my friend is being abused. What can I do?
- How do I get an order of protection against my ex?
- How do I tell the person I'm talking to that I don't want to have sex with them?
- Can you help me make a safety plan?
- How do I know if my relationship is healthy?
If we are not available, or if you are from outside New York State, you can communicate with a Peer Advocate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by texting "loveis" to 77054 or going to www.loveisrespect.org.
If you'd rather talk to Day One by phone, call 800.214.4150. This is not an emergency line.
If this is an emergency, please call 911 or Safe Horizon's 24/7 Hotline: Safe Horizon's Domestic Violence Hotline:800.621.HOPE (4673) TDD phone number for all hotlines: 866.604.5350
If you are a service provider and would like to distribute information about Day One's services to the young people that you work with, please go to the "Get Help" section of our website.